Alumnae, friends and family - join us on Saturday, October 4th as we take on Doylestown at our home pitch!
**Women kick-off at 11AM - Men kick-off at 1PM**
Food & beverages provided!
Following an influx of many talented players over the last several seasons, Brandywine Women’s Rugby Football Club is in search of an Assistant Coach to help the team execute an aggressive match strategy and continue to develop into a premier Division II club.
Founded in 1999, Brandywine Women’s Rugby Football Club (BWRFC) is a Senior Women’s Club team based out of the Brandywine Valley in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Nicknamed the “Riot”, Brandywine is a full member of the Eastern Pennsylvania Rugby Union and competes in USA Rugby’s Mid-Atlantic Conference (NCR4) at the Division II level.
Members of the Brandywine Women’s Rugby Football Club come from a wide range of backgrounds. While the majority of the Club’s players have a significant amount of rugby experience, having played in high school and/or college, Brandywine strives to create a social team environment that welcomes athletes of all ages and skill levels. Brandywine players are students, lawyers, teachers, nurses, social workers and financial professionals; BWRFC consistently fields a very competitive team while providing its members the ability to pursue advanced educational and professional goals and enjoy all of the social benefits that the rugby community has to offer.
Practices are held Tuesday and Thursday after 8:00PM, generally in the West Chester area. BWRFC’s home pitch is located in West Grove, PA. Most away matches are within a 90-mile radius of West Chester.
· Recent playing experience at the Club level with exposure to multiple positions (Collegiate/Club level coaching experience preferred)
· Collaboration with Head Coach and captains to plan and implement effective practices for players of all skill levels
· Ability to attend majority of practices and matches and execute practice plan/match strategy in Head Coach’s absence
· Knowledge of rugby-specific fitness plans/activities
· Ability to work with players in an individual and small group setting (including but not limited to new/inexperienced players), identifying specific areas for improvement and providing clear instructions
· Provide Head Coach and captains with fair assessment of practice/match performance to assist with match selections
· Willingness to attend club fundraisers and community events to promote club growth and foster a social team environment
· USA Rugby Coaching Certification (or willingness to obtain ASAP)
· Commitment through May 2014 at minimum (long-term commitment preferred)
Interested parties should contact BWRFC President, Lindsay Watson, via email at email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be interviewed by a committee comprised of BWRFC board members, Head Coach and team captains.
Posted by Watson at 9/17/2013 09:57:00 AM
BWRFC FALL SCHEDULE
9/7 - 11AM @ Harrisburg (24-17 Win)
9/14 - 11AM @ Drexel
9/21 - 11AM @ Severn River
9/28 - 10:30AM @ Chesapeake
10/5 - 11AM @ NOVA
10/12 - 11AM vs. York-Lancaster
11/2 - 11AM vs. Doylestown